English racecourses have confirmed that one or two bookmakers can stand at each track from 12th April 2021 to give a service to the owners in attendance at 'behind closed doors' race meetings. We await news on Scottish and Welsh tracks. To assist AGT in allocating the pitches, bookmakers are required to 'opt in' at least 48 hours in advance of the relevant meeting. This should be done by (preferably) emailing email@example.com or by calling the AGT office on 01480 499180.
Please let us know if your opt in applies to all meetings or just some specified meetings. We will keep a log of the opt in requests and let you know at least 24 hours in advance if you have been successful.
Please note: -
- Each bookmaker will be limited to a maximum of one staff member.
- We are informed that racecourses will waive badge fees until 17 May 2021.
- Bookmakers/staff will be required to wear face masks at all times other than when eating/drinking.
- All attendees may be temperature-tested prior to entry.
- All staff members must have completed the BHA/Racing 2 Learn COVID training course. Please see separate message for full details.
- Each bookmaker must have hand sanitiser spray, disinfectant wipes and other anti-Covid measures in place.
- Offering a cashless option for customers is desirable but not mandatory.
- All bookmakers must be registered for 2021 with AGT to stand.
- No BRMs will attend race meetings before 17 May and no AGT fee will be due until that date.
These are temporary arrangements designed to last until the next stage of the Government's road map for easing restrictions on (according to the current timetable) no earlier than 17 May. This message will be updated as necessary.