We will continue to operate with 2-enclosures, but all the public are free to move between them. These are:
- Public Enclosure (Rails & Tatts); and
- Park & View Enclosure (Family Ring)
Number of Bookmakers and Breakdown
The number of bookmakers who may attend is no longer restricted and so reverts to normal, i.e:
- RAILS: x6
- TATTS: x47
- FAMILY: x20
Please note the Public Enclosure prices have increased and the fees are now as follows:
Ladies’ Day – Sat 4 Sep
- RAILS & TATTS: Bookmakers’ Badge £130 (including AGT charge of £30);
- FAMILY: Bookmakers’ Badge £60 (including AGT charge of £10);
- CLERKS’: Daily entry ticket £20 applicable for all clerks, irrespective of the pitch location
Mon 13 Sep
- RAILS & TATTS: Bookmakers’ Badge £105 (including AGT charge of £30);
- FAMILY: Bookmakers’ Badge £55 (including AGT charge of £10);
- CLERKS’: Daily entry ticket £15 applicable for all clerks, irrespective of the pitch location
Bookmakers are to pre-pay by credit or debit card by calling the Thirsk Racecourse Office, by no later than 12.00pm the day before racing, on tel: 01845 522276
Racecourse Entry & Exit
The names of all the accredited bookmakers and their staff will be placed with the racecourse’s designated security personnel on the main Public Enclosure Entrance on Station Road (i.e. the double-gates next to the bandstand, opposite the public car park). All bookmakers and their staff should seek admission at this entrance, which is also their exit.
NB. BOOKINGS and/or PAYMENTS FOR BOOKMAKER TICKETS ON THE DAY ARE NOT BEING FACILITATED.
VEHICLES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED INTO THE RACECOURSE, NOR WILL THEY BE ABLE TO PULL-UP AT THE ENTRANCE as the surrounding space will be railed-off to facilitate the requisite safe queuing space for racegoers as they pass through the designated entry point.